- Diploma in mathematics, Ruprecht Karls University in Heidelberg (1998).
- Dissertation at the Mathematical Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences in Bratislava (1999 - 2003).
- Employed with the Collaborative Research Center "Computational Intelligence" (SFB 531) at the University of Dortmund (2003 - 2006).
- PostDoc Fellowship at the European Centre for Soft Computing in Mieres (2006 - 2007).
- Scientific assistent at the Institute for Medical Expert and Knowledge-Based Systems at the Medical University of Vienna (2007 - 2010)
- Scientific assistant at the Johannes Kepler University in Linz (2010 -). Habilitation on 21 July 2015.
Sprechstunde für Studentinnen und Studenten: dienstags 15:30 im Science-Park 2, Raum 0606; ohne Voranmeldung
Logics for reasoning under uncertainty and vagueness
- similarity-based reasoning
- logics handling uncertainty
Many-valued logics and related algebras
- fuzzy logics, residuated lattices
- proof theory of fuzzy logics
Expert systems, in particular in medicine
- formal frameworks for representing and infering medical knowledge
- biomedical ontologies, "realism-based" ontology
- foundations of logic and mathematics
- classification and representation of natural-language statements
- Participance in the project Mathematical Foundations of Fuzzy If-Then Rule Bases, part of the Collaborative Research Center "Computational Intelligence" (SFB 531), which was supported by the German Research Foundation (DFG)
- Participance in the project Analytic Systems and Dialogue Games as Semantics of Fuzzy Logics at the Institute of Computer Languages (Theory and Logic Group) at the Vienna University of Technology
- Participance in the project Fuzzy Logic: from Mathematics to Medical Applications, a cooperation of the Vienna University of Technology and the Medical University of Vienna
Participance in LoMoReVI (Logical Models of Reasoning with Vague Information), a Collaborative Research Project within the EUROCORES programme LogICCC of the European
Science Foundation (ESF)
Head (on the Austrian side) of the project New Perspective on Residuated Posets, an Austrian-Czech cooperative research project, funded by the FWF and GAČR